Ever since the outbreak of COVID-19 has occurred, most of the world is under self-isolation and lockdown.
This has caused nature to recover and gave relief to it from the day-to-day activities that contributed towards pollution.
- Ozone layer is a protective shield in the stratosphere. It guards us against the harmful UltraViolet (UV) rays coming from the sun that may cause chronic health related issues such as skin cancer.
- A hole in the Arctic zone’s Ozone layer has been discovered, it was a red flag for the climatologists. But recently, it was known that the hole has healed and it is safe to say the Ozone layer above the skies of the Arctic is restored.
- The Venice canals’ water was found to be clear and blue around after the time the city was imposed with lockdown. Due to over-tourism and the innumerable sailing of boats on a daily basis caused the water to get muddy. As of now, the little aquatic creatures are back in their habitat and it’s a heartwarming view to look at.
Until recent times, it was safe to say the virus was leaving a positive impact on the environment. But researchers report some alarming issues. Continue reading to know!
COVID-19 BRINGS ALONG A HEAP OF PLASTIC POLLUTION:
Ever wondered how long it actually takes for plastic to decompose? Have a look at this.
This Mars chocolate wrapper was discovered back in 2019 on the beach of Constantine Bay, Padstow, UK. It looked brand new but in fact it was found to be 33 years old dating back to 1986!
Keeping the above information in mind and considering the present day situation it is threatening to know the rates at which plastic production has increased due to the pandemic, it may cause severe problems post-pandemic and the issues may take too many resources to solve.
- Throwing away plastic bags, face masks and gloves is a common sight in several cities.
- The use of the N95 mask, being the most effective one, is widespread. N95 gives a minimum of 95% protection against the airborne particles. The production of these masks has gone up by 100 times.
Related News: The state of California, USA, demanded a refund of $247 million from China for delay in the delivery of N95 masks.
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) kits are in massive use by people during work. Especially areas that are more prone to virus transmission such as the hospitals. These kits are single-time use and thus the rate of dumping these kits is alarming.
Related Fun Fact: India being a country that produced zero PPE kits, has evolved to be able to produce two hundred thousand kits in a day.
- Online delivery services are being readily provided to the citizens to avoid physical contact in grocery stores. Contactless delivery is gaining popularity. But these services come along with a lot of usage of plastic bags which earlier could be avoided by reusing old grocery bags.
These measures are important to combat the pandemic although the disposal of the various plastic single-time use objects is under question mark. There will be yet many issues to address even after the novel coronavirus pandemic is over.
Latest posts by F2R Staff (see all)
- Chhichhore Full Movie Download in HD on Tamilrockers & Movierulz - May 3, 2021
- Sultan Full Movie Download Leaked By TamilRockers, Movierulz, Pagalworld, Filmyzilla - April 25, 2021
- KGF Full Movie Hindi Dubbed Download Leaked by TamilRockers, Movierulz, TamilGun, TamilYogi, Filmyzilla - April 24, 2021