Multiple large companies including Facebook, Google, Twitter and TSC have decided to allow their employees to work from home until the New Year i.e. 2021.
Initially, the offices were to reopen by the mid of the year but considering the increase in COVID-19 infected cases, it was safe to say WFH suited the current conditions and thus, the WFH policy was extended for the next 7 months by several companies.
As of 2019, Google has about 98,771 employees out of which most are working remotely currently and only about 5% of their global workforce visits the offices.
Facebook, somewhat, has similar conditions with 95 per cent of their full-time employees are working from home.
Most of the firms are planning to reopen the actual physical offices after the end of Covid-19 only for a small fraction of their employees.
Here is What the Employers around the World need to Know:
Amid the pandemic, several companies and business owners have drawn conclusions from the consequences of Corona virus that an actual physical environment is not necessary for the functioning of their businesses. Following are the reasons:
- Office purchasing or renting costs a pretty penny which looks exorbitant when functioning of business is possible from home.
Related fun act: Google purchased the Googleplex for $319 million nine years after its construction was completed.
- Procuring a workplace comes along with other expenses like furniture (tables, chairs, desktops, computers etc)
- Owning or renting an office means the need for a clerical staff on a regular paid salary
- The maintenance of the workplace, insurance, depreciation, opportunity costs adds up annually
Considering the above expenses, do you really think the firms would like to go back to reopening offices and providing a physical environment? Guesses are, things will continue from home as they are functioning currently.
Work from home thus allows the businesses to cut costs and earn larger profits.
Related fun fact: Facebook has given a bonus of $1000 to all its employees for working from home and for childcare facilities.
How can remotely working be beneficial in a long run?
Reports suggest 1 out of every 4 person is willing to stay at home and work considering it a better option and claiming they can be more productive that way. This is accompanied with several other advantages such as:
- Applying for jobs abroad means packing up and shifting countries. But if recruited online with the possibility of WFH, it cuts down the long procedure of documentation, visa, passport, citizenship etc.
- You no longer need to settle in an unknown new city and pay a pretty sum to your landlord in case of remote recruitment.
- You wouldn’t require anything apart from intellectual potential to get a job. Sitting in any part of the world and operating for your company will then be possible.
- Nowadays, frustrated by the city noise and pollution, people choose to flee to the countryside or home town whenever possible. This to and fro trips would no longer be necessary and the time spent with family would multiply immensely. 😀
Covid-19 not only has healed the environment but has brought in several drastic changes which are both, positive and negative. It has opened gates to larger opportunities and created a possibility for things which we earlier couldn’t think of.
Nevertheless, it is important to keep in mind WFH may be comfortable and convenient but as humans, social skills and team working along with social interaction is quite necessary!
Latest posts by F2R Staff (see all)
- Top 5 Cars in India 2022 - January 17, 2022
- Top 10 Richest Actors in the World 2022 - January 16, 2022
- Radhe Full Movie Download on TamilRockers, Pagalworld, Zee5 - May 17, 2021